Среда, 29 Март 2017

Regional Conference “Finance 2.0 – Movable Assets Based Financial Products”

Опубликовано в Конференции Вторник, 28 Апрель 2015 10:05
Оцените материал
(0 голосов)

Regional Conference
“Finance 2.0 – Movable Assets Based Financial Products”
June 10-11, 2015 Almaty, Kazakhstan


In collaboration with ....



 

Сonference languages (языки конференции ): English, Русский

Presentation of the program of the conference

Overview


Current lending practices in banks in the region mostly focus on risks associated with borrowers. These practices limit access to finance only to good borrowers with perfect credit history and require financial institutions to scrutinize the borrowers’ creditworthiness and their business plans that sometimes is really difficult to evaluate.


In turn, in movable assets based lending (MABL) products the balance of focus shifts to risks related to assets (inventory, equipment, account receivables etc.), thus allowing to provide financing without founding on a credit history. Shift of the focus also helps banks to adequately assess risks as change in the value of assets is more predictable than creditworthiness. Moreover, present paradigm of financing shows that land and real estate account for 73% of collateral taken by creditors, while it represents only around 22% of an average company’s capital stock. The remaining 78% of the company’s capital is usually tied up in movable assets, inventory and receivables. MABL products can provide solutions to the challenges of both the borrowers and lenders.


To promote the MABL products in the region IFC organizes 2-days conference during which foreign banks will share their experiences in designing and offering their MABL products and how these products affected profitability of these financial institutions. During the conference international experts will explain the key conditions necessary for successful development of the MABL products and will demonstrate the effect of these products on the profitability of the respective credit organizations, increased access to finance for SMEs and on the growth of economies in general.


Key elements of the Conference


  1. 1.

Place

Almaty (Kazakhstan)

 

  1. 2.

Date

June 10-11 (TBD)

 

  1. 3.

Venue

TBD

 

  1. 4.

Approach

Peer-to-peer, i.e. the presentations will be made by financial institutions to financial institutions to transfer and exchange the experience

 

  1. 5.

Audience

Roughly 100 representatives of financial institutions and their regulators from Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan

 

  1. 6.

Presenters

Financial institutions from China, Tanzania, Canada

International experts on MABL products and secured transactions & Collateral Registries

Collateral registry of Uzbekistan

 

  1. 7.

Fees

Participants will be required to pay participation fees (amount TBD)

 

  1. 8.

Language

The Conference will be conducted in Russian and English with simultaneous translation provided

 


Preliminary agenda of the Conference


June 10

9.00-9.30

Registration

9.30-10.00

Opening remarks

10.00-11.00

MABL – An   overview of different products

an IFC expert

11.00-12.00

Supply Chain Finance

A Chinese bank

12.00-14.00

Lunch

14.00-15.00

Secured Transactions Reform and Movables Financing in China

IFC, China

15.00-15.30

Coffee-break

15.30-16.30

Key features of secured transactions system needed for MABL

an IFC expert

16.30-17.30

Demonstration of modern collateral registry

Uzbek Co/an IFC expert

17.30-18.00

Wrap-up of day one and trailer of the next day agenda

June 11

9.00-10.00

Inventory Finance

A Chinese bank

10.00-11.00

Warehouse receipt financing

A bank from Ghana

11.00-11.30

Coffee-break

11.30-12.30

Regulating MABL

People’s bank of China

12.30-14.00

Lunch

14.00-15.00

The Role of Collateral Management Companies in MABL

SGS

15.00-15.30

Coffee-break

15.30-16.30

IFC expertise and support in development of MABL

an IFC expert

16.30-17.30

IFC role and expertise in reforming secured transaction systems around the world and in ECA region

an IFC expert

17.30-18.00

Closing remarks

 

 

 

ТОО «Interconsult info»,  www.wfin.kz
Beisenova Irina : e-mail: Этот адрес электронной почты защищен от спам-ботов. У вас должен быть включен JavaScript для просмотра., Phone: 8 (727) 266-74-46, 334-0018
Mob: 8 (707) 998 8060


Прочитано 439 раз